Online ordering and daily deliveries have become a way of life for countless homeowners. You love the ease of having goods dropped right at your door, but there is a drawback. Those parcels sitting in plain sight are invitations to potential burglars. Porch piracy continues to be a real concern, but you can protect yourself from it by installing a home security system with a doorbell doorbell. These devices are fantastic tools to dissuade opportunistic thieves, but they do significantly more.
Take a second to learn more about how they work and why there’s a good chance they’ll become an integral part of your smart home.
Perks of a Boston video doorbell
Available in wireless and wired options, video doorbells provide an array of sophisticated features, and the technology keeps improving. You are now able to implement detection zones, communicate with individuals in front of your door, and get immediate alerts whenever an item is delivered.
The easiest way to see how a Boston video doorbell camera works is to delve into the many benefits it gives you. Consider these features:
- Active deterrents: You aren’t able to find this on every model, but there are some smart video doorbells that are proactive in discouraging theft with visual and audible warnings. This is an effective way to let thieves know that you are watching.
- All-encompassing camera view: You will benefit from seeing the total picture, and that should include the faces of individuals on your porch and boxes on the walkway below. Options with superior 180-degree field of vision give you a total perspective.
- High-resolution images any time of day: What’s the purpose of getting a doorbell camera if the images are grainy and challenging to see? The best models will provide exceptional high dynamic range (HDR) resolution and night vision.
- Package delivery notifications: Would you like to know when a package arrives? You are able to receive immediate alerts from video doorbells capable of differentiating between people and packages.
- Converse with the visitor at your door: Is there somebody waiting at your door? Two-way audio gives you the chance to find out why they’re there. You can even use this handy feature to scare off people hanging around your porch.
- Prevent false alarms: Leading doorbell cameras will even give you the opportunity to customize detection zones. Restricting the area to be viewed will let you reduce false alarms brought about by pets or pedestrians.
- Convenient access to video: A video doorbell configured into your smart home provides you the option to view current and recorded video straight from your smartphone security app.
Video doorbells keep you linked to your home like never before, as you are able to engage with them directly from your mobile device, no matter where you are. They’ll notify you when something or someone arrives, give you a sightline into what’s occurring, and even let you communicate with the person at your door. These devices have become must-haves in terms of security and convenience.