How to use the Vivint Smart Hub in your Boston smart home
At the heart of your home security, the Vivint Smart Hub links your cameras, security sensors, thermostats, and locks into one cohesive system. This easy-to-use, 7-inch color touch-enabled panel places you in full control of your Boston home’s security and automation. Learn more about what it can do and explore tips to get started.
What can you do with the Vivint Smart Hub in Boston?
Wirelessly coupling to sensors and other implements via radio frequencies and Z-Wave communications, the Vivint Smart Hub is the control system for your residence. You can arm your system, control lights, update the thermostat, and more. If incorporating a video doorbell, you may even talk to someone on your front porch. The Vivint Smart Hub features a backup battery and cellular functionality for enhanced reliability. It also gives you total remote operation with the Vivint mobile app.
Here’s an idea of the things you can do:
- View current or recorded video from any connected security cameras
- Disarm or arm your home security
- Turn lights on or off
- Operate your garage door
- Change your home comfort settings
- Speak directly to monitoring agents
You can get even more creative with your Vivint Smart Hub in Boston by implementing schedules or initiating preferences. For instance, you can have your smart thermostat change automatically nightly at a certain time. Or, you can add preferences like having your entrances unlock if the fire alarm goes off.
Steps for arming and disarming your home’s security
Before you get into all the terrific things your Vivint Smart Hub can accomplish, you’ll need to know how to arm and disarm your home’s security. It’s simple - just abide by these steps:
- Touch the shield icon on the home screen and slide to the right for “Away” and left for “Stay.”
- Stay means you will remain inside your home and arms all sensors except interior doors and motion sensors.
- Away signifies you will be gone, and everything in your home will engage.
- To disarm, simply slide the shield icon down and enter your PIN.
You’ll notice a warning if the system isn’t ready to arm. To illustrate, an open window will cue you to act. Keep in mind that you may still arm the security system by following the above steps. You will then confirm you would like to ignore the sensor that isn’t engaged.
Adding users to your Vivint Smart Hub in Boston
Despite the fact that multiple users can be programmed during the initial installation, you will likely want to add an additional user down the road. Here’s how you can.
- Tap the menu icon (three dots) at the bottom right-hand side of the welcome screen.
- Press “Users” and enter your PIN.
- Select “Add new user” near the bottom.
- Tap “Name,” type in the user’s name, and press the Next button.
- If you would like to give the user remote capability, tap email or phone and provide the details to dispatch an invitation.
- Hit Next and then create a PIN for this new user.
- To delete a user, just proceed to the menu, press users, choose the user you would like to remove, and then select “Delete User.”
Secure and automate your home with Vivint
Are you ready to take control of your home’s security and automation with an easy-to-use touchscreen panel? You’ll love the Vivint Smart Hub and your new Boston home security system. Call (617) 826-8647 to get started.