What should I do when my Boston home alarm system goes off?
Your home security system safeguards your home – and your family – against the various risks you might encounter, like burglary, flooding, and fire. Although your home might be prepared, that doesn’t necessarily mean you are. Do you understand what to do if your Boston home alarm system goes off? The blaring of an alarm is likely to be startling, confusing, and may incite panic. Your best option is to stay calm and abide by these simple tips.
Actions to Take If Your Home Alarm System In Boston Sounds
It’s a circumstance nobody desires to face, but it’s also the reason why you installed a home alarm system in the first place. You’re roused in the middle of the night with the unmistakable blaring of an alarm after one of your sensors has been activated. What are you going to do?
- Stay calm. This is simple to say but harder to accomplish when your home security alarm is ringing loudly, and your heart is beating rapidly. But staying calm is the optimal way to evaluate what is happening. Avoid the temptation of trying to handle the emergency alone but instead let your monitoring professionals and first responders do their job.
- Protect your family. Your primary concern should be your family members and getting them to safety. In the event of a intrusion, this might mean going to a predetermined safe zone as far from points of entry as possible. There’s a good chance that your alarm immediately deterred the trespasser, but it’s always smarter to be safe than sorry. If there’s fumes or flames, please vacate your residence immediately.
- Grab your phone. In this day and age, most individuals take their cell phones at all times, but you may forget to grab it during an emergency. You’ll want to have it. You’ll have the chance to keep in contact with your monitoring specialists and get alerts through your home security app.
Connect With Your Round-the-clock Monitoring Specialists
Whenever your home alarm system in Boston goes off, your round-the-clock monitoring professionals will instantly act. Their first step is to verify your alarm, and that includes getting in contact with you. The procedure they follow is based on the type of emergency. For instance, if a medical emergency occurs, one effort will be made to get in touch with you before first responders are deployed. In the event of a break-in - the most common sort of alarm - a monitoring specialist will follow these procedures to contact you:
- An attempt will be made to reach you via the touchscreen interface. You will usually be required to supply a passcode.
- If that is not successful, a call is made to your principal contact number.
- A second number or first emergency contact is called next.
- If there is still no answer, local law enforcement officers are dispatched.
- Your monitoring specialists will attempt to reach you again after emergency personnel are notified.
If you're not in a situation where you can communicate with monitoring agents, don’t fret. Help will still be sent even if you're not able to confirm the emergency.
Be prepared for any crisis with a Vivint home alarm system in Boston
Stay ready for any situation with a state-of-the-art home alarm system in Boston from Vivint. Call (617) 826-8647 to begin designing your property’s protection today.